#1 source of traffic to https://t.co/rhqWYkl1k5:
2012: SEO. Even Year 1 pic.twitter.com/5FtzBG2v1O
— Jason ✨BeKind✨ Lemkin #ДобісаПутіна (@jasonlk) March 15, 2022
So we’re coming up on Year 10 for SaaStr! So, so much has changed since our first post on August 13, 2012.
Except for one thing: SEO.
Every single year I look at SaaStr.com data, Organic Search is #1:
Interestingly, even in 2012. Even our first year. Absolutely traffic was low, but SEO quickly worked for us, on a few iconic VP of Sales posts. So it doesn’t have to take forever.
So much has changed since then:
- We’re coming up on the 8th SaaStr Annual. Join us!!
- We now get 200,000 downloads on our podcast. Take a listen!!
- We have 450,000 followers on Quora. Catch up on 1,000s of answers!
- We have 250,000 followers on LinkedIn. Yes, engagement has taken off there.
- We have 170,000 followers on Twitter.
- We have over 120,000 subscribers to our newsletters and send almost 2,000,000 emails a month. Open rates are 30%+!
- Our YouTube has only 26,000 followers, but it’s gotten pretty good! Catch up on the incredible sessions here!
And yet … and yet …
It’s SEO that moves the needle. Year 1. Or 10. 36%-38% of our users, readers, and traffic. Year over year:
Go authentic, go long, write regularly about things that truly matter to your community, your prospects, and customers. I bet you see the same.
HubSpot does, too.