SaaStr and SaaStr Annual are about founders and execs first, and of the 15,000+ attendees at 2020 SaaStrAnnual, over 4,000 will actually be CEOs and founders.
But you know what having 4,000 CEOs and founders in one place for one epic meet-up and share-up attracts? The best VCs 🙂
Indeed, last year we had almost 1,000 VCs and institutional investors of different sorts attend Annual, and we’ll probably cross 1,000 this year, given how hot SaaS has become.
VCs and firms that will be there include:
- Andreesen Horowitz
- Backstage Capital
- Bessemer Venture Partners (including Byron Deeter)
- Canaan Partners
- Capital One Ventures
- Defy Partners (including Trae Vassallo)
- Emergence Capital
- Foundation Capital
- Cowboy (including Aileen Lee!)
- Craft (including David Sacks)
- Homebrew (including Satya Patel)
- Hyde Park Ventures
- Insight Partners
- IVP (including Roseanne Wincek)
- Menlo Ventures
- Partech Ventures
- Point9 (including Christoph Janz)
- Renegade Partners (including Renata Quintini)
- Scale Ventures
- Upfront Ventures (including Mark Suster)
- Redpoint (including Tomasz Tunguz)
- Salesforce Ventures
- Sequoia Capital
- Threshold Ventures
- Trusted Insight
- Uncork Capital
- Unusual Ventures
- Vertex Ventures
- World Innovation Lab
- Workday Ventures
- etc. etc.
And really almost all the leaders in VC in Cloud and SaaS will be there.
So with so many VCs, how do you meet ’em?
Here’s our insider’s guide:
1. First, plan on being there all day Thursday March 12. That’s Money Day. VCs will be there all the time (see next few points), but everything from our Meet-a-VC presentations to our VC Braindates and more are centered on Money Day, March 12. SaaStr Square Park will basically turn into VC Square Park. We’ll also end the day with a VC-focused cocktail party and BBQ.
2. Second, if you are planning to raise VC money this year, let us know when we email you. We’ll try to match you. We’ll email all CEOs with a ticket before Annual and ask if you are raising and watch to be matched to VCs. If you do, you’ll be able to upload a deck, your metrics, etc. and we’ll share with VCs that are stage-appropriate for you. But you need a ticket soon to participate. If you buy one last minute, we won’t have time to include you.
3. Third, pick a breakfast-with-a-VC to attend on March 12. We’ll kick off the morning with a large round table AMA with top VCs from Andreesen, Point 9, and other top firms. Sign up for these in the mobile app when it launches shortly. Even if you aren’t even raising capital, this is a perfect time to ask any questions you want from a top VC. They’ll go up shortly in our mobile app. Pick one that you want to learn from.
4. Fourth, attend the lunch-with-a-VC sessions all afternoon on March 12. We’ll have 40+ top 20-30 minute presentations from all the top firms. You can sit in and learn from the best-of-the-best. These are great, less formal sessions like this one below with Ashley Smith of OpenView:
5. Fifth and Sixth, use our networking apps. Our Braindate apps will include 100+ other 1:1, 1:4 and 1:8 sessions with 100+ VCs, and our Brella matchmaking app will try to match you with VCs too! More here:
6. Attend the bigger sessions outside of Money Day that have top VC’s presenting. Hear from Tomasz Tunguz, Aileen Lee, Mark Suster, David Sacks, and other Cloud and SaaS top VCs each and every day, March 10-11-12. See a partial agenda below.
7. And if you are > $15m ARR, join our CXO Summit on Wed Mar 11. We’ll have many of the top VCs in Cloud, as well as an incredible roster of CIOs and CEOs, all together. If you’re past $15m ARR, are a CEO, and have a ticket, apply to join CXO Summit here.
Phew, that’s a lot!
And VCs, get your tickets now if you haven’t here. We’ll prioritize access to founders to those that sign up first!!