SaaStr prides itself on providing the best content in all of the industry. To do so, we maintain strict and clear lines on content that are different than most other events. Please read below to familiarize yourself with our rules and standards.
All Sessions Must Be About Helping the Next Generation of Founders. No Exceptions.
- No Commercials. No sessions about the merits of a vendor’s product. A speaker’s product shall only be mentioned in the context of providing actionable insights to help the next generation. You are required to submit your content well ahead of time, and it will be rejected if it is a vendor commercial.
- Stages are “load balanced” based on demand — not logo. It is your job to create compelling content. We assign speakers to stages of different sizes not based on the brand or logo, but solely based on demand for the session. If no one wants to hear your session, you will be placed on the smallest stage. Etc.
- No Repeats. SaaStr Annual and Europa are about providing fresh perspectives. We thus generally do not have speakers repeat 2 years in a row. And when speakers come back, we require the topic to be new and generally, to not have been presented at any other event. We also cannot feature speakers who are booked at similar events within a 9-month window, although we are happy to attempt to find diverse speakers from the same companies to speak on other topics. Finally, we cannot feature sessions or speakers who have already presented the same or similar content at other events, even outside the 9 month window. All sessions and content must be new.
Diversity + Inclusion is Critical and Comes First.
- Executives and founders of privilege, even if slotted, shall agree to “yield” their slots to founders and executives that help SaaStr achieve and exceed its diversity+inclusion goals.
- There shall be no “Manels” (all male panels) and no non-diverse panels. (The only exceptions shall be 1-on-1 sessions with a Male CEO/founder. These are to be minimized.)
- You agree to recruit a diverse moderator, co-moderator, and/or panelist if your session is not yet diverse.
- All speakers and hosts shall guarantee at least one diverse member in any discussion, other than solo presentations.
- All speakers and hosts agree their session will be subject to cancellation if this commitment is not met.
- All VC firms with > 2 investing partners shall have a female investing professional present with them.
Sponsors Are Never Provided Speaking Slots. Ever.
- Speakers are 100% selected by the SaaStr Speaker Committee. These choices are not, and cannot, be tied to any sponsorship. Doing so would immediately degrade the entire experience for all parties — sponsors included.
- Executives at sponsoring companies that are independently selected as speakers shall act as such. They shall not deliver “commercials” (see above) or tie any of their content to their sponsorship.
- Sponsor “conflict” is actively managed.
- Sponsors and other companies that break the rules are grey listed and generally are not permitted to speak for the next 12 months.