Each week, we round up our most popular content so you can catch up on anything you may have missed. Check out this week’s top blog posts, podcasts, and videos:
Top Blog Posts This Week:
- 10 Things Not to Say During a VC Pitch. Ten things founders say in VC pitches again and again. That they shouldn’t.
- Is Every SaaS Startup Worth Half of What It Was Last Year? Public SaaS companies’ stock prices have fallen 50% in the past 12 months. Including the best of the best. So why is your SaaS startup worth as much as last year?
- Every Venture Backed Startup is Now Competing for Reserves. Times are Less Good in venture capital now, and that means something new. It means startups have to compete a lot more with each other for second and third checks from their existing investors. Here’s why.
- The Challenge with SMB SaaS: High Growth Can Only Mask High Churn For Just So Long. There are many appealing things about SMB SaaS. But if you don’t tackle churn early, it becomes an existential threat.
- 5 Interesting Learnings from Shopify at $5 Billion in ARR. Shopify grew at a jaw-dropping rate during Covid. And now its growth has yo-yo’d back to a crawl.
Top Podcasts This Week:
1. SaaStr 577: Scaling Faster, An AMA with SaaStr Founder & CEO Jason Lemkin
2. SaaStr 578: The Metrics that Matter, Whether You Are Raising $1 Million or $100 Million with Index Ventures Partner Molly Alter.
3. SaaStr 576: 7 Secrets to a Successful SMB Go-To-Market Strategy with PayFit Co-Founder and CEO Firmin Zocchetto and Accel Partner Philippe Botteri.
4. SaaStr 575: The State of SaaS Marketing in 2022: Mutiny & SaaStr with the CMOs of Salesforce, Box and Attentive. A great panel on just where marketing at scale in SaaS is today.
5. SaaStr 574: 5 Scale-Up Mistakes for Startups with Dave Kellogg. A top session from SaaStr Europa this year.
Top Videos This Week:
- The Metrics that Matter, Whether You Are Raising $1m or $100m | Index Ventures Partner Molly Alter
2. From Burn-Out to $100M in ARR with Jason Cohen, Founder of WP Engine
3. Balancing Growth and Efficiency in Tougher Times | Point Nine Managing Partner Christoph Janz
4. 5 Scale-Up Mistakes for Startups with Dave Kellogg. A great kick-off session from Europa on the top mistakes startups make.
5. Veeva: The Biggest Vertical SaaS Success Story of All Time with Founder/CEO Peter Gassner