I don’t usually post podcasts or similar media that I do about … myself. That seems a little much. Especially these days, with all the incredible content on SaaStr.
But Dimitar Stanimiroff, now CEO of Heresy and previously MD EMEA at Stack Overflow, wanted to do a deep dive ahead of SaaStr Europa and we had some fun.
If you want to hear a bit about the early days and lessons learned from them, as well as some succinct thoughts on the Best of SaaStr and how those lessons have evolved over the years, it’s a fun discussion and one we haven’t quite had before.
“In this episode of the Heresy podcast, Dimitar speaks to Jason Lemkin – CEO & Founder at SaaStr, serial entrepreneur and investor.
In the first part of the show Jason talks about his early career, how he ended up in SaaS, his first two exits and the lessons he learned from them.
In the second part of the show, Jason gives
– The importance of founder-led sales
– Why in SaaS the founder should close at least 10 deals before hiring any salespeople
– What should you look for in your first Account Executives (and what to avoid)
– When is the right time to hire a VP Sales
– The different “
– Should you hire a VP Sales or VP Marketing first
– When should you start building your Customer Success team
– Jason’s best sales advice
You can also check out Dimitar’s great session from SaaStr Europa last year here: