Dear SaaStr: What Are The Biggest Lessons You’ve Learned from Failure as an Entrepreneur?
I’ve almost failed several times but never actually failed. Why not?
- Never quit. You can’t fail if you don’t quit.
- Find great co-founders. If you find truly great cofounders, you always have another card to play.
- Don’t spend all the money. I know this sounds simple and silly, but whatever amount of capital you do have — make it last. Whatever it takes.
- Go get more customers. Revenue cures all ills. Get on airplanes. Learn outbound. Hustle. Go to the top events. Whatever it takes.
- Stop feeling sorry for yourself. A tiny bit of this is OK. But then dust yourself off and figure it out!
It took UiPath 10 years to get to the first $1m ARR. Today, they are at $1 Billion+ in ARR. They never quit. More here:
(feeling sorry image from here)