SaaStr has an immediate need for a talented Content Strategist and Speaker Coordinator to own the content on and off stage at the 10,000+ person SaaStr Annual conference. The ideal candidate is creative, driven, organized, professional, loves SaaS, and pays extreme attention to detail. An ability to roll with the punches and adapt on the fly is equally important.
As our Content Strategist, you’ll have significant influence over our stage content, direct access to most of our speakers (who include venture capitalists, CEOs, and execs at some of the biggest brands in SaaS), and will work 1:1 with SaaStr’s CEO and Events team in managing the stage flow.
The role also includes some content writing in support of the speaker/session announcements.
- Source, review, iterate, schedule, and manage the speakers for 200+ sessions at SaaStr Annual 2018 (Feb. 6-8, 2018)
- Development and maintenance of all data for conference speakers and submissions, including tracking all feedback, contact info, and managing ongoing speaker communication
- Work with Events team on event schedules, timelines, and call for speakers launch
- Updating and maintaining accuracy of conference content in internal databases, websites, and printed materials
- Liaison with Events team to coordinate speaker logistics and communication
- Work with Marketing team to coordinate speaker and agenda announcements
- BA/BS degree or equivalent working experience
- Past experience producing content for the web specifically, as well as channel-specific knowledge (blog, SlideShare, Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Ideally, a background in SaaS, VC, or knowledge of the SaaStr community
- You have a solid comfort level with current trends in the SaaS community and what topics interest founders, execs, and our general audience
- Previous use of Salesforce, Desk.com, or another CRM solution is a plus
- You’re very organized, with excellent attention to detail, and strong follow-up skills
- Must be able to work out of our San Francisco office.
For the right candidate, we have some flexibility around employment terms. If you want a long-term, full-time role, we can turn it into a larger content position that will be integral to our blog+brand growth initiatives. SaaStr is a small team with a lot on our collective plates; most roles are fluid and there’s a lot of jumping around. If you’re interested in or have experience with digital, content, or event marketing, we can work with you to find other roles within the team that suit your interests and experience: please highlight any relevant skills when you apply!
There’s a ton of potential to learn, expand your skillset, and grow as a member of the SaaStr team. Our immediate need, however, is in scheduling speakers and managing the SaaStr Annual stage content, and your time will initially be focused there.
SaaStr began as a curious collection of blog posts and Quora answers over 5 years ago, and has since grown into the largest community of B2B SaaS Founders and Execs in the world.
Our SaaStr Annual conference — now in it’s 4th year — will attract nearly 15,000 attendees in 2018. Founders and CEOs of Slack, Box, Asana, Paypal, Yammer, Zenefits, AppDynamics, OpenDNS, New Relic, Atlassian, Trello, Twilio, ZenDesk, and more have graced our stages over the years. The Annual also attracts over 500 VCs who are searching for their next unicorn, and a lot of term sheets get signed throughout the week.
Across our blog, Quora posts, YouTube and social channels, SaaStr’s content sees 3,000,000+ views a month and SaaStr has been named to “Top 50” lists by Forbes, Inc, Entrepreneur, and LinkedIn.
Take a look at our 2018 speaker list as well as our 2017 agenda. Tell us which 2018 speaker you’re most excited to hear from and why, and please suggest 2 new session titles/panels based on our 2018 speaker list. (We want to know if you “get” what our attendees want to learn!)
Send resume/LinkedIn and your responses to: firstname.lastname@example.org