Who we are hiring Team SaaStr
Just email me if it’s you w/why
– Head Digital Marketing. Love email mktg at scale
– Sr AE: Make real $$ selling to CMOs
– Head Digital Events: love ‘em now?
– Head Content: dream job
– Assoc/VP (know SaaStr cold, 1+ ys investing)
— Jason ✨BeKind✨ Lemkin ⚫️ (@jasonlk) January 16, 2021
So after a crazy 2020 — including being the first major SaaS event to be canceled due to Covid in March — SaaStr is stronger than ever.
Our podcast is up, we’ve crossed 1.2m social followers, and blog views are up, and more.
Our mission though is the same: to help the next generation of SaaS and Cloud founders and execs have an easier time. To scale to $10m and then $100m faster, easier, and with less stress and more success.
And SaaStr first and foremost is a community. The largest community in the world for SaaS execs.
But it’s also a real business, run by a tiny team. As well as a small but pretty successful venture fund.
“SaaStr Inc.” Is on track to do $20,000,000 in revenue this year — all managed by a tiny team. Too small really, as we got lean-and-mean during Covid.
Here’s who we are hiring NOW:
* Head of Digital Marketing. This role is ideal for an experience digital marketer / growth hacker that wants to work at scale. You’re #1 KPI is to drive 100k+ attendees to our digital and IRL events, and drive $5m+ in ticket and related revenue from them. We have the list. Your job is to do a better job with it than we have. There’s also more you can own and do, but this is job #1.
* Senior AE. Want experience closing $50k-$150k deals routinely? And some bigger ones ($250k+)? Want a chance to sell up and down the org chart, from CEOs at start-ups to CMO of public Cloud leaders? Want a chance to close $2m-$5m a year? SaaStr can be that shot. Here’s the thing. You have to be creative. And you have to embrace selling sponsorships and digital media. This isn’t selling a SaaS product. It’s selling sponsorships and partnerships to Cloud companies. But if you are good at it, you can make real money, with high QOL.
* Head of Digital Events. SaaStr never did digital events before Covid — but we got pretty good at them. We had over 500,000 view our digital events in 2020. And we had the CEOs of Slack, Mailchimp, Okta, Box, Pagerduty, Zoominfo, Twilio and so many other leaders join us. If you’ve grown to love Digital Events, this could be the job for you. But — you have to be very tech savvy. Job #1 is managing our tech stack here. You have to know the pros and cons of various platforms, and be able to run some of them yourself. If you just like to hire agencies, this is not the job for you. If you know how to spool up Zoom mega sessions and digital events software, you could rock it.
* Head of Content / Community. Boy, we have a lot of Content at SaaStr, and really this is two jobs — Head of Events Content and Head of Digital Content. Or the right candidate could do both, but it’s a lot. The job of Head of Digital Content is to drive up all metrics, and streamline, the content on our blog, podcast, and social media platforms. If you love that stuff, join us. The job of Head of Events Content is to work with our speaker partner and craft the 200+ sessions we do at events each year.
OK, those are our top needs at SaaStr Inc. But if you know content and/or digital marketing and can envision a related job, we probably have a need for that, too. E.g., if you can take our podcast or SaaStr Pro or SaaStr University to the next level — that could also be a full-time job for each of those.
Finally, we have an open job at SaaStr Fund for an associate/principal/VP. This role >requires< you to have at least 1-2 years of investing experience. We are too small to train folks new to venture (sorry). And you have to be able to run pretty solo. But if you are looking for a shot to write checks — this is your shot. Two personas can work here. A “hunter” that already knows how to source unicorns, but needs help closing them. Or a “farmer” that can process in-bound deal flow very effectively and find the unicorn gems in them.
Ok if any sound like your dream job — just email email@example.com. With why you want it, and what you can really do here. Even better, include a Loom too.
We don’t have time to have a “chat” to learn more. We’re a tiny team ready to go, that pays really well. You have to know SaaStr, and know why your role would matter. Tell us that. And maybe you can even start Monday.
A few notes:
– we are a >tiny< team. Yes, we work with a lot of agencies, contractors, etc. But our core team is tiny. If you need a fiefdom, this isn’t the role for you.
– everyone owns a core KPI and commit. If you aren’t ready to own a core goal, we’re too small for you.
– we’re 100% distributed now. U.S. is better, but Europe can be OK if you have worked a partial U.S. schedule before. We are still on SF time. We have offices in SF and Palo Alto still but now function as 100% distributed.