The Top 10 Most Popular Posts of 2018 from SaaStr.com. Some are surprisingly durable (i.e., older) so we’ll add a few extras that are new from 2018!
- A Basic Structure for a VP of Sales Comp Plan. An oldie, but still super popular.
- An Initial Sales Rep Comp Plan to Lower Your Stress Level, Increase Cash, and Make Everyone A Lot of Money. Ditto.
- Growth and Burn Rates at $1m ARR for 20+ Fast Growing SaaS Companies. Some good data in here.
- 10 Great Questions to Ask a VP of Sales During an Interview. These are still some pretty good questions.
- What a VP of Sales Actually Does. Where The Magic Is. And When to Hire One. A classic.
- 2018-2025: The Golden Age of SaaS Freemium. Somewhat prescient.
- What Your First 100 Hires Will Look Like. A good one. Your intuition here is often wrong …
- How to Know If a Key Hire is An A or a B (or Even a C). We all can get better at this!
- Why One Company Raises $25m+ … And Another Doesn’t. It seems like a mystery. But it isn’t.
- The 4 Questions Every Founder Should Ask Every VC. That Almost No One Asks. Trust me. Ask.
And while Quora doesn’t have a perfect way to get analytics from 2018 alone (you need to hack it a bit), here are more or less the 10 Most Popular:
- How many hours a week do you work a week and on the weekends as CEO?
- Why do some startups choose not to sell to other companies, and instead they go for an IPO?
- Why did SAP acquire Qualtrics, days before its IPO?
- What is a typical organizational structure for a SaaS startup with sales reps?
- How do potential investors decide whether an idea is worth investing on when they listen to a startup pitch?
- What is it like to have your company acquired by one of the tech giants?
- Which SaaS companies do good case studies? What makes them good?
- How much should a SaaS company invest in professional services?
- When is it too soon to target enterprise clients in SaaS?
- What is the lamest attempt you’ve witnessed of a salesperson trying to appeal to a customer?
And finally, while our YouTube channel is still a bit of a work-in-progress, here were the Top 10 SaaStr Videos of 2018. They are all very good ones:
- The 12 Key Levers of SaaS Success, with David Skok
- Veeva: The Biggest Vertical SaaS Sucess Story of All Time, with CEO Peter Gassner and Jason Lemkin
- Twilio: The Inside Story, with CEO Jeff Lawson and Jason Lemkin
- Nutanix: Going From $0 to $4B
- Sales Mistakes That Can Kill Your SaaS Business and How to Avoid Them
- In Conversation with Stewart Butterfield, CEO of Slack
- Anand Sanwal, CB Insights: Don’t Do These 68 Things In Your SaaS Company
- Jyoti Bansal and The AppDynamics Story: From Idea to $3.7B
- The Best of The Best: YCombinator SaaS Founders with CEOs of Gusto, Plangrid and Amplitude
2019 will be even better!