It’s a full-time job.
Yes, you can start off a a founder doing support, QA, sales, marketing, and more.
But sales is a full-time job. And you need folks with experience, usually.
You need 40+ hours a week to:
- Do 2–3 demos a day
- Follow up with 20–50 new leads a month
- Follow up with the 60–200 leads from the past few months
- Answer questions from prospects
- Get to know all the stakeholders
- Manage pilots actively
- Log all your deals in your CRM so drip marketing can also follow up later
You need full-time folks who know what they are doing.
Folks that know sales. Ideally, at your ACV (deal size).
They’ll know at least a bit of the playbook. And run it 40 hours a week, 52 weeks a year.