Q: Why do customers hate salespeople?
A truly great salesperson is a resource. They help you:
- They educate you on the product.
- They honestly answer your questions.
- They address your concerns, seemingly patiently.
- They help you pilot / test the product first, in a way that drives things forward without too much pressure.
- They push the learn, buy, deploy process along, but don’t pressure you to buy if you aren’t ready.
- They ensure you get a fair price.
The best sales reps, well they are your agent. They help you make a buying decision. And yes, it benefits them. But they provide so much value during the process, you are appreciative.
How often have you felt that way?
Not that often. When sales incentives and training aren’t aligned to deliver the value above, it’s just … uncomfortable. And low value-add.
But the best sales execs in SaaS make you feel that way.
And that’s why enterprise buyers are happy to “talk to sales”. They’re looking for this sort of help.