Dear SaaStr: How Do Successful Entrepreneurs Develop Resilience and Overcome Failure?
A few thoughts though. The best entrepreneurs develop resilience and overcome failure by:
- Just plain wanting it more. They don’t quit when there are plenty of rational reasons to.
- A truly great cofounder. Not just good, but great. They pull you through. And vice-versa.
- A great mentor. That can help you get some perspective, when it’s still worth it to pick yourself up and fight the fight again.
- A long time horizon. You can’t really be killed if you are in it for 20 years.
- Nothing they want to do more. If you feel like there’s something better you could do with your time, you’ll never really fly. And you’ll never really push through the really tough times.