It turns out there are two distinct SaaStr audiences. Those that read SaaStr’s pieces on SaaStr.com. And those that read SaaStr on Quora.
SaaStr-on-Quora has most of the longer-form content on SaaStr.com — plus over 1,000 shorter answers and pieces.
For some of you, another 1000 pieces of content on Scaling SaaS … that may be overkill 🙂
But for others, there’s a ton of popular content on Scaling SaaS over on Quora you haven’t seen here. It seems to have hit a sweet spot for some at least — Quora named SaaStr to its Top Writers for 2012, 2013, and again now for 2014.
So I thought I’d highlight the most popular pieces on Quora that aren’t also on SaaStr.com below:
- As a startup founder, do you ever think you might have had a happier life had you lived life as an employee? (80,100 views)
- Box S-1 Filing (March 2014): Aaron Levie is down to a 4% stake heading into the Box IPO. How does he feel watching DFJ and USVP laugh to the bank after 10 years of sweat, blood, and tears? (57,200 views)
- Startups: What does it feel like to be the CEO of a start-up? (53,300 views)
- Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A): What should everyone know about mergers and acquisitions? (51,700 views)
- Chief Executive Officers: How hard is it to become the CEO of a Fortune 500 company? (48,600 views)
- Venture Capital: What are the best-kept secrets about venture capital? (48,200 views)
- Venture Capital: What percentage of entrepreneurs who exit at $100MM+ go on to found another startup vs. doing venture or retiring? (28,300 views)
- How did you know it was time to sell your start-up instead of using financing to grow it further? (27,700 views)
- Investing: What is the average annual return for a startup founder? (26,800 views)
- Has Dropbox raised too much money? Is there a risk they won’t be able to IPO? (26,000 views)
- My girlfriend is asking me to choose between my startup and her. What should I do? (22,100 views)
- Software-as-a-Service (SaaS): What is the best strategy for dramatically increasing the price of a SaaS product without angering customers? (21,000 views)
- Startups: What can a startup do to get their customers to pay on time? (17,500 views)
- How do I know when to quit trying to make a business work? (17,100 views)
- How do you know if a “potential” acquirer is actually interested in your company or if they are just trying to take a look at your books or have other ulterior motives? (16,500 views)
Lots more here.