We’re Hiring a VP+ of Marketing for SaaStr
The new position of VP, Marketing+ for SaaStr is responsible for all of events and content, at both a P&L and at an execution level. You will own it. And your job is to double everything, year over year, while not losing money doing it 🙂 And us all having fun.
- Own the entire SaaStr Annual and all other events
- Own doubling attendance each year at SaaStr Annual, while not losing money
- Own content (speakers), sponsors, revenue, marketing and attendance for the Annual (and all other events), together with our Content Manager.
- Produce all events, together with our Director of Events.
- Lead all demand generation, digital marketing and offline marketing activities
- Lead positioning and messaging efforts
- Responsible for ad spend and results; create processes for weekly and monthly reporting on results
- Responsible for the creation and distribution of content across multiple channels and mediums
- Ensure that timelines, budgets and expectations and communicated clearly, regularly and efficiently to all parties
- Drive campaigns managing both internal resources and geographically distributed marketing and design contractors, on time and on budget
- Build processes that can be handed off as the team grows
- Responsible for defining and executing social media marketing strategy
- Own secondary events strategy and execution
- Focus on company brand awareness through the web, publications, ads, responses to inquiries from the media, press releases, analyst relations, speaking engagements, notable events and marketing opportunities
- Direct design and maintenance of websites and related content and features
- 8+ years software marketing experience including managing medium/large scale events; SaaS experience preferred but not required
- You must have had P&L and revenue ownership experience.
- You must love both events and growth marketing. One without another isn’t enough at our scale ($10m+ budget).
- You must have managed at least a $10m events budget, or something similar or close to it. You have to be able to hit the group running …
- Must be a metrics-oriented marketer—with strong focus on ROI
- Strong leadership skills; must have proven experience recruiting and leading teams
- Experience effectively managing team of geographically distributed contractors
- Strong demand generation experience: in-depth knowledge of marketing automation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be an independent self-starter with a sense of urgency, proven results orientation, initiative and an affinity for producing consistently high-quality work.
- BA/BS would be nice. The Degree of Life is most important.
- The web’s largest community for SaaS and B2B founders, VPs, and VCs (3m+ views a month on our web content and 50k+ downloads a week on our podcast).
- The SaaStr Annual each year attracts 10,000+ attendees to SF for the largest global confab for SaaS founders and will have a $10m+ budget in 2018.
- In addition to the Annual, we also host smaller events at our CoSellingSpace every 2-3 weeks and local events in different communities (L.A., London, Shanghai, New York, Utah) a few times a year.
- We also have a modest but important media/sponsorship business (~$500k/yr) as well as support activities at the SaaStr CoSellingSpace (www.saatrcss.com)
- Jason, founder of SaaStr, was named to Business Insider’s 32 Most Important People in Business Technology for 2016, along with Marc Benioff, Michael Dell, and others: http://www.businessinsider.com/most-powerful-people-in-business-technology-2016-12
- SaaStr also has an affiliated $70m venture fund