SaaStr Podcast #115: David Rodnitzky (CEO, 3Q Digital) + Loretta Jones (VP Marketing, Delighted) On Why Not All Companies Should Invest in SEM
Welcome to Episode 115! David Rodnitzky is founder and CEO of 3Q Digital, a leading digital agency that was acquired by Harte Hanks in 2015. Prior to 3Q Digital, he held senior marketing roles at several Internet companies, including Rentals.com (2000-2001), FindLaw (2001-2004), Adteractive (
Loretta Jones is the Vice President of Marketing at Delighted, the fastest way to gather customer feedback and put it into the hands of those who can act on it. Prior to Delighted, Loretta’s marketing programs grew Insightly, a CRM for small business, from 100,000 users to over 1.2 million users. Prior to Insightly, Loretta worked at Adobe Sign (formerly Adobe EchoSign) and grew the EchoSign brand to $25 million.
In today’s episode you will learn:
- Should all companies invest in SEM?
- How does SEM differ for SaaS SMB businesses vs enterprise SaaS businesses?
- How much of a role should iterating and testing play with regards to SEM? What are the strategies that can be used to ensure for maximal dollar efficiency?
- David has said before that ‘no demand channel is an island’. How does SEM work together with the other channels (SEO, display ads etc) to form a cohesive marketing strategy?
- As LTV takes a considerable time to figure out and can be inaccurate, should startups focus on their CPA (cost per acquisition) more than any other metric?
Listen on iTunes.
Subscribe to SaaStr on iTunes.
If you would like to find out more about the show and the guests presented, you can follow us on Twitter here: