Q: How many SaaS companies have 1 million customers?
There aren’t that many companies in SaaS with 1 million paying customers.
And customer count varies a lot based on pricing / ACV:
- Dropbox may have the most customers of any SaaS company — 15m+ at $2B in ARR. More here.
- Squarespace is at $700m ARR and has 3.7m “unique subscriptions” although it’s unclear how many unique customers that is. More here.
- Wix is at $1B ARR, worth $15B and added 1 million new subscriptions in 2020. Both it and Squarespace are a bit murky on customer count vs “subscriptions”, but those are the data we have. More here.
- HubSpot is SMB too, but a bit upmarket of Squarespace and Wix. It is also at $1B+ in ARR, but with a $10k ACV (annual contact value), it gets there with 113,925 customers. More here.
- Zoom has about 500,000 customers at $4B in ARR. So even Zoom doesn’t have 1m customers … yet!
- Now going a bit more enterprise, Okta is also at $1B in ARR has 10,000 customers. Interestingly, pretty similar ACV and mix as HubSpot, despite have almost 2,000 $100k+ customers. More here.