Welcome to Episode 122! Edith Harbaugh is the Founder & CEO of LaunchDarkly, the startup that allows you to fearlessly and swiftly release software by separating feature rollout from code deployment. They have raised over $10m in funding from many previous guests of The Twenty Minute VC including Andy McLoughlin @ SoftTech, Josh Stein @ DFJ, and the wonderful team at Bloomberg Beta. Prior to LaunchDarkly, Edith was a Director of Product @ Tripit and Concur. Edith also holds two patents in deployment from her time in engineering at Vignette.
In today’s episode you will learn:
* How Edith made her way into the world of SaaS and came to found LaunchDarkly.
* Does Edith agree with Jason Lemkin that the hardest element is the 1-10 customer phase? How has Edith navigated this process with her differing companies?
* How does Edith look to structure her sales team to successfully close Fortune 500 deals? What is the fundamental difference in selling to enterprise rather than SMB?
* What can founders do to make NPS a more intelligent metric? How can NPS be analyzed effectively to tell you more about the state of your business?
* What are the signs of a truly great sales person? How do they aid not only their company but the customer they are serving? What is their required knowledge base?
60 Second SaaStr
* What is Edith’s fave SaaS resource?
* What does Edith know now that she wishes she had known before?
* Oakland Office: Why not SF? What are the benefits?
Listen on iTunes.
Subscribe to SaaStr on iTunes.
Listen on Google Play Music.
If you would like to find out more about the show and the guests presented, you can follow us on Twitter here: