Welcome to Episode 125! Laura Bilazarian is the Founder & CEO of Teamable, the startup that allows you to recruit the best talent from your network. They have raised funding from some stellar investors including the likes of True Ventures and SaaStr. As for Laura, she started out her career on Wall St before making forays into the world of Vietnamese hotel building and being a National Rugby Champion. Laura has also spent time with the likes of Fairmount Partners where she worked on dozens of M&A transactions to large public companies.
In today’s episode you will learn:
* How did Laura make her way from Wall St to rugby captain to founder of SaaS startup, Teamable?
* Why does Laura believe that “you should always be premium”? What are the benefits to this? How does this affect how Laura views both freemium versions of products and free trials?
* Why does Laura believe that you have to “create an outbound sales culture as early as possible”? Why is this? Does this change according to the differing customer profiles?
* How can SaaS businesses aid in the closing of their clients? What can they do to make this process as seamless and easy as possible? What are the requirements for this process?
* Why does Laura believe there are only ‘2 ways to hire?’ What are those 2 ways? What methods of inbound applications must be ignored? How can founders ensure continued quality when hiring at scale?
60 Second SaaStr
* What does Laura know now that she wishes she had known at the beginning?
* What are Laura’s fave SaaS reading materials?
* Competitive advantages of being a female CEO?
Listen on iTunes.
Subscribe to SaaStr on iTunes.
Listen on Google Play Music.
If you would like to find out more about the show and the guests presented, you can follow us on Twitter here: