SaaStr Podcast #137: Max Yoder, Founder & CEO @ Lessonly On How To Scale A Sales Org The Right Way
Welcome to Episode 137! Max Yoder is the Founder & CEO of Lessonly, the modern learning software used by teams to translate important work knowledge into Lessons that accelerate productivity. They have raised funding from the likes of former ExactTarget CMO Tim Kopp, OpenView Ventures, and New York Times Bestseller Jay Baer, just to name a few of the impressive figures involved. Fun fact: they are based in Indianapolis, so Max brings a fantastic perspective on scaling and operating a growing SaaS business outside Silicon Valley.
In Today’s Episode You Will Learn:
* How Max made his way into the world of startups and came to found Lessonly, one of the hottest SaaS startups outside of Silicon Valley?
* Max has previously stated that ‘SaaS scaling happens in 3 stages’. What are those stages? What is the most challenging stage? How does the CEO need to transition with each stage?
* How does Max view the scaling of the team? Why does Max think it is bad to give large and often inflated titles in the early days? How can CEOs most effectively look to place people in the right place to ensure the most productive of scaling?
* What does Max most look for in potential Lessonly employees? Why is it so fundamental that candidates have experienced some form of professional hardship before?
* How does Max view the role of the board in the scaling of a SaaS organisation? What are the components that make the best boards? What are the components that make the best board members?
60 Second SaaStr
* What one hire does Max wish he had made sooner?
* What SaaS reading material can Max not live without?
* Pros and Cons of running a SaaS startup outside the valley?
Listen on iTunes.
Subscribe to SaaStr on iTunes.
Listen on Google Play Music.
If you would like to find out more about the show and the guests presented, you can follow us on Twitter here: