SaaStr Podcast #161: Brad Feld, GP @ Foundry Group on Structuring Your SaaS Startup For Scalability
Welcome to Episode 161! Brad Feld is one of the worldâ€™s leading VCs and Co-Founder of Foundry Group. Brad has made investments in the likes of Zynga, Makerbot, and Fitbit, just to name a few. Brad is also Co-Founder of Techstars, one of the worldâ€™s most prominent startup accelerators, whose portfolio companies have raised over $1.3bn in funding. If that wasnâ€™t enough, Brad is also a best selling author having co-authoured Venture Deals: Be Smarter Than Your Lawyer and VC and Startup Communities: Building An Entrepreneurial Ecosystem In Your Community.
In Todayâ€™s Episode You Will Learn:
* How Brad made his way into the world of VC and came to found Foundry Group.
* Brad has previously stated that companies can be segmented into 3 different core components? What does he mean by this? How can startups be structured internally for scalability?
* Why does Brad hate the word culture? How should culture be viewed and approach internally within startups?
* How has Brad seen his personal development with regards to being a board member? What has he gotten better at? What does he believe makes a great board member?
* Why is CAC the easiest metric to game in SaaS? How should the CAC/LTV ratio be approached? How can entrepreneurs use this to attract VC investment?
Listen onÂ iTunes.
Subscribe to SaaStrÂ onÂ iTunes.
Listen onÂ Google Play Music.
If you would like to find out more about the show and the guests presented, you can follow us on Twitter here: