Welcome to Episode #112! Brad Feld is one of the world’s leading VCs, having Co-Founded Foundry Group, Brad has made investments in the likes of Zynga, Makerbot and Fitbit, just to name a few. Brad is also Co-Founder of Techstars, one of the world’s most prominent startup accelerators, whose portfolio companies have raised over $1.3bn in funding. If that wasn’t enough Brad is also a best selling author having co-authored Venture Deals: Be Smarter Than Your Lawyer and VC and Startup Communities: Building An Entrepreneurial Ecosystem In Your Community.
- How Brad made his way into the world of VC and come to found Foundry Group?
- Brad has previously stated that companies can be segmented into 3 different core components? What does he mean by this? How can startups be structured internally for scalability?
- Why does Brad hate the word culture? How should culture be viewed and approach internally within startups?
- How has Brad seen his personal development with regards to being a board member? What has he got better at? What does he believe makes a great board member?
- Why is CAC the easiest metric to game in SaaS? How should the CAC/LTV ratio be approached? How can entrepreneurs use this to attract VC investment?
Listen on iTunes.
Subscribe to SaaStr on iTunes.
If you would like to find out more about the show and the guests presented, you can follow us on Twitter here: