Welcome to Episode #001 of the SaaStr Podcast! Tiago Paiva is Co-Founder and CEO of Talkdesk, a cloud based, SaaS, easy-to-use solution that allows companies to create a call center in the browser in less than 5 minutes, with no overhead costs.
Our own Jason Lemkin was the first venture investor in Talkdesk.
In the first year and a half, Talkdesk didn’t spend a dime on marketing and achieved over $3 million in sales. Today, Tiago reveals how they achieved such success in early days, what tactics and strategies worked well for him at Talkdesk, what were the most challenging elements of the journey for him, and what the future holds for Talkdesk.
We also discuss:
- What was his aha moment? How did Talkdesk come about?
- What were the early days like?
- Talkdesk started with no sales team. At what point did they hire a VP of Sales?
- What was the pivotal point in Talkdesk’s history?
- What has been the most challenging aspect to scaling up?
- How Talkdesk handles selling to both SMBs and large corporations.
- How did opening an office in San Francisco impact the success of Talkdesk?
Listen on iTunes.
Subscribe to SaaStr on iTunes.
Listen on Product Hunt.
If you would like to find out more about the show and the guests presented, you can follow us on Twitter here: