SaaStr Podcast #118: Todd Olson, Founder & CEO @ Pendo On Why You Have To Hire For Ahead Of Where You Are Now
Welcome to Episode 118! Todd Olson is the Founder & CEO of Pendo, the startup that allows you to capture all user behaviour, gather feedback, and then provide contextual support. They have raised over $30m in VC funding from some of the very best in the business including Neeraj @ Battery Ventures, Megan @ Spark, and Matt @ Salesforce Ventures, just to name a few. Prior to Pendo, Todd held various different roles in product as well as co-founding 2 prior startups.
In today’s episode you will learn:
* How did Todd make his way into the world of SaaS and come to found Pendo?
* Why does Todd believe that there is inherent tension between customer success and product teams? How has this changed from sales and marketing team tension? What does Todd suggest to mitigate this tension?
* How does Todd evaluate his hiring process? At what stage does one become a specialist vs a jack of all trades? Why does Todd always believe that you should hire ahead of where you are?
* Todd has previously said that ‘money is not all the same.’ How does Todd look to select his investors? What value adds are most desired for Todd? What do the best investors do that make them so?
60 Second SaaStr:
* What does Todd know now that he wishes he had known in the beginning?
* What is Todd’s favourite SaaS reading material?
* Creating a startup culture for adults?
Listen on iTunes.
Subscribe to SaaStr on iTunes.
Listen on Google Play Music.
If you would like to find out more about the show and the guests presented, you can follow us on Twitter here: