Welcome to Episode 103! Matin Movassate is the Founder and CEO of Heap. the startup that provides analytics infrastructure to automate away the annoying parts of user analytics. They have raised funding from some of the best in the business including our friends and former guests of The Twenty Minute VC including Pejman Nozad, Alexis and Garry at Initialized, Josh Reeves at Gusto, Redpoint, and more incredible investors. Prior to Heap, Matin was a product manager at Facebook, and spent time at both Google and Mozilla. I would like to say a big thank you to Jason Lemkin for the intro today.
In today’s episode you will learn:
- How did Matin make his way into the world of SaaS having been at Facebook and Google?
- What were Matin’s biggest takeaways from seeing how Facebook operates? What were the pros and cons of their operations? How has this influenced how he builds Heap today?
- Why does Matin believe that you should always sell your product before it is done being built? What benefits does this have in terms of pricing and iteration? What are the dangers of asking for payment upfront?
- Why does Matin think it is crucial to hire your customer success team before your sales team? How does customer success drive customer acquisition?
- What does Matin mean when he says that “product organization fit” is so important? How can startups determine the fit? What can be done to optimize this?
Listen on iTunes.
Subscribe to SaaStr on iTunes.
If you would like to find out more about the show and the guests presented, you can follow us on Twitter here: