SaaStr Podcast #015: Nicolas Dessaigne @ Algolia on Prioritizing Company Culture and Empowering Your Team To Be Owners
Welcome to Episode 15 of The Official SaaStr Podcast. Joining me today is Nicolas Dessaigne. Nicolas is the CEO and Co-Founder of Algolia, Algolia are a brilliant case study for the successful pivot, having started off life as an offline search engine for mobiles, but really took off by helping companies deliver an intuitive search-as-you-type experience on their websites and mobile apps.
- Why is company culture so important and was it fundamental for Nicolas and Julien to have this outlined from the beginning?
- How did Nicolas implement the vision for the company future when founding Algolia?
- How does Nicolas look to balance the scaling of the business with maintenance of company culture?
- What were Nicolas’ biggest takeaways from his time at YC?
- How can SaaS startups optimize the fundraising process to also be a source of business development?
In a round we call the 60 Second SaaStr, we also hear: Hiring Your First VP of Sales: When and What Questions To Ask? Nicolas’ favorite SaaS resource? What would Nicolas do differently if he were to start the journey again?
Listen on iTunes.
Subscribe to SaaStr on iTunes.
Listen on Product Hunt.
If you would like to find out more about the show and the guests presented, you can follow us on Twitter here: